Thursday, February 4, 2010

Super Bowl XLIV!!!

So the big game is finally here and I don't think we could have asked for a better super bowl match-up! Once I got over my Packers losing that wild OT battle with Arizona(ok still not over it), I was pulling for the Colts and Saints the whole way knowing that would be the best match-up possible.  This is the first time in a long time where 2 teams I like are in the big dance.  I have always pulled for the Colts since I grew up an hour and a half from Indy and have attended numerous games.  Like the Colts, I have always liked the Saints,  however it wasn't until there early 1990s success that I really started pulling for them.  Just so I don't get you confused I will explain myself as an NFL fan.  Basically I put teams in a few different categories.  I have my all-time fav team which is the Packers, then 5 other fav teams I really pull for, and the rest are split into teams I hate or I'm neutral with.  Anyway this is the perfect super bowl match-up since these were the number one teams all year in the NFC and AFC.  Both QBs are amazing and even though the Saints have a better defense, the Colts defense have really come on in the playoffs.  The injury of Dwight Freeney is pretty huge and let's hope he is a go for the game.  I think Darren Sharper will play a large role in the game, whether its the plays he makes or the lack there of.  Since I have been a Colts fan for longer I will be pulling for them but my official prediction is as follows:  Saints 34 Colts 31

1 comment:

  1. You are right, the best teams made to the big game and I think they will not disappoint. If Manning and the Colts offense can dominate the game with time consuming, long offensive drives as they have done in the past, then the Colts will prevail. The Saints defense will have to do better than they did against the Vikings to get the ball away from Manning so Brees can work his magic. Colts by a field goal.

    ReplyDelete