Sunday, February 28, 2010

Emotional win!!!


For those of you who know me you know that every Louisville game, whether a win or a loss, is a big deal and somewhat emotional.  The win that our Cards pulled out today I know meant a lot for the players and fans but especially for myself.  I was caught off guard a few hours prior to this game with the bad news that my grandfather, who had been in the hospital for a while, was in bad shape.  Even before that I was worried about our match-up against a red hot UConn team, now I was barely even in the mood/shape to watch it.  Our season has been an emotional roller coaster and it just seemed as if we didn't have enough left in the tank here at the end of the season, thankfully I was wrong.  Our first half was a very shaky one in which we shot under 40%.  Luckily Kyle Kuric kept us in it with hitting three 3 pointers including one as time expired getting us within 5 points at halftime.  About 5 minutes into the second half I received a call that no one ever wants to get but indeed it was my mother informing me of my grandfathers passing.  Obviously at that moment the game didn't matter anymore and I had some very emotional alone time thinking about him.  Eventually my attention was forced back into the game as the Cards all of a sudden started to fight back in a way I hadn't seen for a long time.  I'm not gonna lie it was very hard to watch the end of this game but it helped me deal with everything that was going on.  As the Cards hit the game winner with just seconds left I couldn't believe it.  They had won it!  I couldn't help but to think that there was someone special looking down on them and helped get them that win.  As I said before this was a very emotional win for me and I will miss my grandfather very much.  I'm sorry because I don't mean for this to be a downer post but I just needed to vent a little and express how amazing my grandfather was and how we had a special relationship.  Lova ya Pap!!! GO CARDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment