Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cards Preview: With all 9 lives(losses) used up the Cards must upset the #3 team in the nation

Louisville(15-9, 6-5 Big East)

I will keep this post short because I don't feel as if our team is worth discussing much after that horrible loss to St. John's on Thursday.  All I will say is that not only must we sweep Syracuse but we must upset G-town down the stretch as well.  I won't say this year is a total nightmare since we are still technically a bubble team but it's gonna take a small miracle to get us in the NCAA tourney.  I'm just upset because in the St. John's game you could just see it in our players and our coach's face that we didn't care to win.  So this brings us to our match-up on Sunday at 1pm est against the #3 Syracuse Orangemen.  Not sure what do say about this one other than "oh boy."  Let's just sit back and hope our Cards, especially our seniors, refuse to have there season end at the Big East Tournament.  Really need this one guys, GO CARDS!!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your assessment about the look of defeat in the faces of the cards players and Coach Pitino. It was a game that sadly reminded me of the West Carolina defeat where we looked like our players had cement shoes. As for Sryacuse, you have to believe in miracles to think we have a change against the Orange. I personally think they are the best team in the country and my pick to take it all in March. That said, the Cards tend to get tough after a loss and against better teams. Regardless of how bad it gets, the Cards have my support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we did look like the West Carolina game which you and I were at and was a tough one to swallow. Luckily we beat the Orange today which is a good way to forget the St. John's loss! GO CARDS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miracles do happen! That was not the same team we saw against St. Johns. Go Cards!

    ReplyDelete