Friday, February 4, 2011

Here We Go...

Ok the time has come once again for the NFL to crown a new Champion for the 2010-11 season.  If you know me at all you then it should be very obvious how excited I am for this Super Bowl!  I've been waiting 13 long years for my Packers to get back to the Super Bowl and I fully expect them to bring the Lombardi Trophy back to its real home of Green Bay!  I'm also very happy that my 2nd favorite NFL team the Pittsburgh Steelers will be representing the AFC in Super Bowl XLV!  Hopes were very high coming into this season for my Packers with a large majority of the analysts picking them to make it to the Super Bowl.  However this all changed very quickly when the injury bug hit the team starting in game one.  It snow balled literally throughout the entire season and finally totaling 20+ injuries and 7 game 1 starters on IR.  Our boy Aaron Rodgers has stayed focused throughout everything thrown his way.  Putting in a dominate effort this year and really excelling in the playoffs.  I think we can all agree that his performance against ATL in the divisional playoff game was one of the best in the past 10-15 years!  I feel like he knows this is his time to separate himself as one of the elite QBs in the NFL which he will no doubt do by winning this Championship.  Keys to the game I think will be which of these two great defenses can get stops as well as each teams ability to run the ball.  My prediction is Packers winning 31-24 and Aaron Rodgers gets MVP.  Gonna be a great one and I'm set and ready! GO PACK!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The Pack did and it is a great day for Packer fans everywhere!!! Coach Lombardi would have been proud of that Super Bowl win. The offense put the points on the board, but it was the defense that stopped the Steelers when it was needed the most. And they did it without two key defensive players.

    ReplyDelete