Saturday, January 15, 2011

Near Perfect Day of Sports!!!!

So the day started with my Louisville Cardinals beating the Marquette Golden Eagles by 1 after trailing by 18 with 6:00 left in the 2nd half.  Literally couldn't believe we won this game!  We went on a 24-5 run in that final 6:00 to grab our 3rd win in Big East play.  This could be considered a season saving comeback in this game due to how tough the Big East road is ahead of us.  In Preston we trust!

Next up was my second favorite NFL team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, taking on the Baltimore Ravens.  Like we all knew it would be, these two teams battled like a heavyweight bout for 4 quarters!  In the end it was the Steelers getting the win 31-24 and moving onto the AFC Championship game!
In the finale of the day it was my Green Bay Packers absolutely destroying the Atlanta Falcons 48-21!  Through all of the injuries this season we are still in the position we had hoped to be in coming into this season, the NFC Championship Game!!!!  Aaron Rodgers played lights out and seemed unstoppable throughout this great win!  Next stop, the SUPER BOWL!!!!!! Go Pack!!!!
So like I said, with all of my teams winning today on such large stages, this is one of the best sports days for me in as long as I can remember! 

1 comment: