Thursday, September 2, 2010

My NFL preseason thoughts and predictions.

Alright so its well documented and a known fact that I'm an absolute NFL freak, which was recently confirmed by my involvement in 4 NFL fantasy leagues this year.  As I do feel a bit silly looking back on how much I prepared for my drafts this year I do feel that the work will pay of in the end, literally!  Although I'm still officially in baseball mode, it doesn't take much for me to get super excited about the upcoming NFL season.  As I watch preseason games, draft for fantasy leagues, as well as watch shows like "hard knocks" and "NFL Live" I can't help but to get super pumped for football.  Obviously the most exciting part for me so far is the promise of my Green Bay Packers.  For those of you who don't know me I'm a long time HUGE Packers fan and have been since I was very young.  Can't wait to see my team go off this season!  I do have a few predictions for this upcoming season after evaluating all of the factors such as the many trades, injuries, disappointing players, and hold-outs.  My list of teams that I feel  will do well this year and are worth talking about are the 49ers, Packers, Texans, Ravens, and Dolphins.  My list of teams that will fall apart this year are the Jets, Cardinals, Vikings, and Eagles.  I think some of these teams people are super excited to see are going to flop and there are some sleeper teams that will do very well from what I can see so far through this preseason.  Two players who, to me, look as if they should not be starting NFL as QBs are Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez.  Expect to see Derek Anderson and Mark Brunell in those rolls by mid-season.  Also I must mention my main man Michael Bush(Louisville Cardinal) of the Oakland Raiders who looks like he will finally get a chance to shine in a large roll this season despite his recently broken thumb.  Anyways many more NFL updates to come but I want to leave you with my 2010 preseason conference/divisional predictions! Please feel free to re-post your picks and/or comments on mine!

NFC EAST              AFC EAST
Dallas                    New England
NY Giants              Miami
Washington            NY Jets
Philadelphia           Buffalo

NFC NORTH         AFC NORTH
Green Bay              Baltimore
Minnesota              Cincinnati
Chicago                  Pittsburgh
Detroit                    Cleveland

NFC WEST           AFC WEST
San Fransico          San Diego
Seattle                   Denver
Arizona                  Oakland
St. Louis                Kansas City

NFC SOUTH         AFC SOUTH
New Orleans         Indianapolis
Atlanta                 Houston
Carolina                Jacksonville
Tampa Bay            Tennessee

NFC winner: Green Bay
AFC winner: Indianapolis

2010 NFL Champion: Green Bay Packers

2 comments:

  1. Brad,

    Here are my predictions.

    NFC EAST AFC EAST
    Dallas New England
    NY Giants NY Jets
    Washington Miami
    Philadelphia Buffalo

    NFC NORTH AFC NORTH
    Green Bay Baltimore
    Minnesota Pittsburgh
    Chicago Cincinnati
    Detroit Cleveland

    NFC WEST AFC WEST
    Arizona San Diego
    San Francisco Denver
    Seattle Oakland
    St. Louis Kansas City

    NFC SOUTH AFC SOUTH
    New Orleans Indianapolis
    Atlanta Houston
    Tampa Bay Tennessee
    Carolina Jacksonville

    NFC Green Bay
    AFC Indy

    SB Colts

    ReplyDelete